Guest post: Natalie Eden

Have you ever heard that what you were doing at three is what you are meant to do? Well, Natalie Eden found her calling in the wee hours producing charming greeting cards. Natalie has a degree in graphic design and illustration, and employs methods of great color, style, and simplicity within her work. I first came across her lovely cards in a boutique in Seattle and thought they were fantastic. I talked about Natalie here, and she was gracious enough to send me some of her cards to enjoy, and I would have to say, the cards are even more lovely up close and personal. Natalie has recently become a new mom, and I invited her to share some of her favorite and helpful things that have helped her so far along the journey of motherhood. Congratulations! Go see her work here and find cards here too.





Welcome Natalie!

I've only been a mom for a month so I am definitely still finding my way. Each day is a discovery, a learning experience, a juggling act! I am still trying to get used to the sleep deprivation! Of course I am completely in love with my son, over the moon, truly in awe! here are a couple recommendations of items that have made this new life a little easier a lot of fun!

I couldn't live without my Luna Lullaby muslin swaddle blankets. I think they are the best! I got the "monkey around" collection for my little one. I especially like their larger size and that they are lighter in weight. Plus the prints are adorable. These blankets are my new favorite baby shower gift!



While shopping in Soho, NY, I found this "wise old owl mobile" and decided to design the entire nursery around it! I just love the simplicity and blend of modern and whimsy which was exactly what I wanted the nursery to reflect.



These fabulous black and white flash art cards are a favorite with my one month old son. I love the illustrations and he loves to look at them! Great for stimulation. (from the wee gallery)




Thanks for sharing Natalie! You are an inspiration to us new mothers who create and share a passion for all things lovely. Good luck and best wishes for you and your little tyke.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting Natalie showcase her talents! What an inspiration to women everywhere.

Anonymous said...

Rachel that's cool you have guest bloggers,
thanks for sharing Natalie with us!
Your both so creative!
Janet

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I love her cards, so pretty!

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, thanks for reading!