Guest Blogger: Denise Sharp



The first time I saw the exquisite paper sculptures of The Arc de Triomphe, Leaning Tower of Pisa, and Roman Colosseum I wanted to snatch them all up and take them home. I was in awe, and quite speechless (in the most good way) with the detailed intricate nature of how paper could be constructed so beautifully. ( I first talked about them here.) This week, I am pleased to announce the creator behind these magical paper luxuries, guest blogger Denise Sharp.
Over the past few months, I have also been moved and enlightened by excellent and original posts over at her blog, dsharp journal, and I am further impressed with her wonderful ability to balance her family, creative life and her own successful business. What an inspiration! Dear readers, help me welcome Denise Sharp. We're so glad you're here.




First I would like to thank Rachel - being a fan of Black Eiffel, I am happy { & kind of nervous} to have this opportunity at show and tell here!

Second, hello to everyone. A little about myself - I am an artist, wife to an extraordinarily supportive guy and mother to two wonderful boys, ages 9 and 2. I graduated from California College of the Arts {back when it had Crafts in its name} with a fine arts degree in printmaking and sculpture. I love to collect stuff and this nasty habit led to a stint as an antiques dealer prior to starting my business, d. Sharp, in 2000.

My product line grew out of my own interest to imbue personal celebrations with memorable details - things I made for friends and family became my initial product line. Since then, my paper tiaras, candy containers, letterpress cards and cake toppers have been featured in over 200 boutiques and galleries across the country as well as national publications such as InStyle, Country Home and Martha Stewart Weddings. Most importantly, innumerable brides, gift-givers and celebrants have chosen my work to be a part of their own memorable occasions. {That really is the neat part!}

I live in my hometown of Portland, Oregon, where my immeasurably supportive mother, father and stepmother live nearby. My studio is in a carriage house a few steps from our back door and I am fortunate enough to juggle my work week to be home as much as possible with our kids.

I make all of the dimensional products in my studio to order, so each item is really given extra care and attention. I wholesale my current line as well as sell directly through my site and Etsy In addition, I am pursuing licensing opportunities to expand my line and I also have a great book of craft projects that I am working to get published. Thanks again, I look forward to posting this week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Denise!

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, thanks for reading!