Kitchen Raid...Pescatarian style






Here is another great kitchen that I meant to post a few months ago with the others. (Sorry Alyson)

Both my boyfriend and I are Pescatarians, meaning we are Vegetarian but occasionally we eat fish. I really enjoy cooking, so I like to keep a stocked fridge with a lot of options for dinner. every two weeks, my boyfriend and I make a big trip to the market and come back with loads of food for two weeks worth of meals. I usually pick fruits and veggies to make pastas, salads, and soup. now that the farmer's markets are open for the season, I enjoy making trips up there on Saturday. I usually come home with some fruit - apples and pears are big right now, and some fresh herbs - basil, rosemary, and thyme.

Whenever I am picking out menus before our big grocery run, I make sure to pick things that will make easy left overs. left overs = easy lunch. I love soup, and I make it at least once a week, if not more. it's great, because I'll make a big batch that will last a few days. so that being said, I always have a few things of vegetable broth in my pantry.

Some things that are always in our fridge are mushrooms, a variety of cheeses, and a few good beers. mushrooms are like meat for a vegetarian. and I believe mushrooms to be one of the most versatile vegetables. I find more often than not, I can always whip something up, spur of the moment, with a handful of cremini mushrooms or two large portabello caps. I'm a huge huge huge fan of cheese. it's an easy appetizer and I love adding cheese to my meals. pizza is one thing that I also make quite often, at least once or twice a week and I enjoy putting different cheese on it, to mix it up a little. gorgonzola and pears on pizza, or monterey jack and asparagus. and of course, beer. I'd consider myself to be a bit of a beer snob, and have tried close to 300 different beers. 300 may sound like a lot, but when there are 1000s of beers out there, I'm only just beginning.

Be sure to check out Alyson's food inspired blog Milk, Eggs & Chocolate with lots of delicious recipes as well as her daily blog Unruly Things. Thanks for sharing Alyson, it is fantastic to see your foodie passion and learn more about Pescatarians.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Perfect timing! I'm going on a grocery run later tonight! Inspiring :)

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, thanks for reading!