Pioneer of Modern Design by guest: Angela Hardison









(all images scanned from this book layout by me )

One of my favorite books sitting around the house would have to be Robin + Lucienne Day: Pioneers in Modern Design. These two are hailed as the British counterparts to Charles and Ray Eames and they're just as amazing.

Lucienne (isn't she adorable?) pioneered the use of modern design in the textile industry during the 1950's. I love all of her patterns... those above are just a few of her many. Throughout her life, the designs she created were printed on wallpaper, carpet, table linens, handkerchiefs, furniture, clothes, plates & other tableware, and more. Every time I open the book, I'm inspired by this woman and the overwhelming amount of her creativity.

2 comments:

Meg Sylvia {StyleHideout} said...

Lovely blog! I'll be sure to link to you!

Anonymous said...

She looks lovely. Her work is fantastic. love this post.

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, thanks for reading!