What I am perusing


Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

I've had a few people ask me what I am reading lately and to those who know me well, (especially my husband) know I often have tons of items I circulate through during any given week, especially during the winter. Whether they be from the library, book store, thrift store, or off my own shelves I love to flip through books and listen to other various media. So... here it goes, my new weekly feature of "what I am perusing". I am also adding a widget on the sidebar for easy access of the various titles to look up. What are you perusing lately? Share you favorites... Do you read one book completely or have a few in circulation?

Martha Stewart's Cooking School: Great resource book for the kitchen. Shows you everything that a great cook should know.

Jamie at Home: Cook Your Way to the Good Life: Beautifully designed book focusing on how Jamie Oliver grows and cooks from his garden.

The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook: For the beginning cook, this is a great resource full of tried and true recipes. I've made a handful of them which all turned out delicious.

Mon Oncle: DVD - Haven't watched this yet. Hope to this week. Have you seen it?

Living a Beautiful Life: I picked this off my shelf last night to peruse, it is a lovely, uplifting, and enriching book.

How To Raise An Amazing Child the Montessori Way: I am a fan of the Montessori philosophy. This book has already helped me with my toddler in finding more constructive activities and has helped me figure out this independence and control phase she is going through.

Craft, Inc.: Turn Your Creative Hobby into a Business: If you are a creative who wants to expand, sell stuff on Etsy... this is your book.

The Pencil: Cute book I read to my daughter today. This was on Time's Top 10 Children's Book list for 2008, the reason I checked it out.

Adele -19: Soulful music I still have yet to listen to completely.

The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness: I like to always have a business/financial book in circulation. I got this "audio style" so I could listen to it while doing other things.

14 comments:

Josephine said...

love mon oncle! it's so charming and funny, especially when it comes to the boy's oh-so-modern house.

Anonymous said...

I love, love Jamie Oliver! That book is on my wish list...

Molly said...

My literary soul mate! haha. At least in the sense that I'm always 'reading' about 5 things at once, not to mention the things I'm listening to/watching.

alice said...

Mon Oncle was one of mine and my sister's favourite films as kids - I haven't seen it since I was about 10 - you have reminded me I should see it again. I wonder if I would still like it! :)

Sarah Bradley said...

Love this new feature! Thanks for sharing!!

TIG said...

Love this new feature, Rachel! Always fun to know what others are reading. Am currently re-reading One Hundred Years of Solitude! :)

xo

Delicate Creature said...

Isn't "Jamie at Home" just lovely?

sweetlifeinthevalley said...

I just got Martha's cook book and love it. Great recipes with beautiful images.

Ana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ana said...

Ooh...I love hearing about what others are reading and listening too. Thank you! I love Adele...isn't her voice unbelievable?

Anonymous said...

I love this new series! I have How to Raise an Amazing Child and loved it as well! The Pencil looks good. I'll have to get it for my little one. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

wonderful collection....

~katie. said...

Living a Beautiful Life was my favorite book as a young teenager-- I revisited it recently and was amazed how much it ended up influencing me!

Unknown said...

oh thank you for sharing! i love when people post lists like this.

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, thanks for reading!