Guest Blogger: Jeanie Nelson

I am happy to introduce a guest blogger Jeanie Nelson this week! Jeanie and I studied graphic design together in college and to this day she is still astounding me with her quirky creativity and insatiable love of design, fashion, and all things pretty. It is very exciting to see her launch her letterpress company the Paper Nut. Remember when I posted about those fun letterpress cards here? I am still thinking about them! As I do with most guests that visit here, I asked Jeanie to share what inspires her and to tell us more about her work. Welcome Jeanie, so glad you are here to share your inspiring ways with us!



I define my style as modern, fashion-conscious, colorful, and decorative. My biggest influences: Kate Spade (I served an internship there in 2003), Alexander Girard, Sanna Annukka, J.Crew, Mary Blair, Marimekko, Volksfaden, Orla Kiely, Yellow Submarine, Push Pin Studios, R. Nichols, Jonathon Adler, Scandanavian folkart, Marc Jacobs, Prada, and Marni. My focus is on innovative patterns, subtle color relationships, and obsessively laid type.

I particularly enjoy the constant dialogue that is going on in the indie design community, knit together through online publications, Etsy, blogs, websites, and unique independent shops. All of us share some kind of frustration for being in such an abstract line of work, whether due to the economy, increased competition, or trying to raise a toddler behind the scenes. I have much to learn, but I plan to stick it out and see where it takes me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This post should definitely have some comments. I've been browsing through and didn't leave a comment where others left many, thinking whatever I might say had probably already been said.

As for this post, somebody should certainly say that Jeanie Nelson is indeed a welcome addition to the world of mom-preneurs, artisans, business women, and of course, bloggers.

Congrats, thank you, and best of luck.

http://mountainmomreport.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, thanks for reading!