Favorite Dishes

It has been a while since I've shared some recipes with you readers. Over the last few years I have really come to enjoy cooking -- it has become a fun and creative outlet. Lately we've made some alterations in the way our family meal plans so we don't have a lot of extra waste, I hated coming around to the end of the week and throwing out so much fresh produce! Our new idea is to focus upon three main recipes a week and fill the other days in with easy dishes like paninis, salads, and breakfast for dinner. So... I thought I would start a new feature each week and share with you readers some of my favorites along the way.

The last few weeks we've had a lot of company in town so these recipes are great for large groups and instant crowd pleasers.

Banana Crunch Muffins

RECIPE:
Banana Crunch Muffins

I have yet to come across a recipe by Ina Garten (aka Barefoot Contessa) that we didn't enjoy. I've made these decadent muffins numerous times since my friend Stephanie recommended them. They are very, very yummy and every single time I make them people ask for the recipe. A winner for sure. (Alterations : I substitute pecans for walnuts, and add everything but the banana chips, great granola makes a difference too.)

Orzo Salad

RECIPE:
Greek Orzo Salad with Mustard-Dill Vinaigrette (w/ or w/o shrimp)

I made this dish for the first time the other day to share with a large group and it was really delicious. I omitted the Shrimp, making it a nice vegetarian option, but it would also make a great main dish with it.

------

I would love to hear your favorites as well, shoot me an email (blackeiffel@gmail.com) with a beloved recipe you would like to share. I love trying new things -- don't you? Happy Eating my friends!

6 comments:

Claudia Bravo! said...

that orzo looks so yummy! i'm a fan of giada de laurentiis & i think here orzo recipes always look so good too!

i have one quick little question for you about this pictures. what's the name of the app that you take these with? thank so much! xo miss. bravo!

Joanna Goddard said...

oooh that orzo looks SOOOO good!!!! we make one from a Cookie Magazine recipe, but i love the idea of mustard in it. thank you!!

Megan said...

I have seen these muffins here and on Stephmodo ... really want to try them but what granola do you recommend?

Unknown said...

that orzo recipe is calling my name. and with shrimp please!!

lrbodine said...

I love your idea of having 3 main meals a week and filling in the other days with easy options. I might need to steal that idea! Both recipes look fabulous.

Meredith said...

Ina's banana muffin recipe has been my go-to for the past few years! I love it. Have you tried Alton Brown's recipe for chocolate chip cookies ("The Chewy")? Best chocolate chip cookies ever.

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, thanks for reading!