A few weeks ago I was invited to TJMaxx and Marshalls’ headquarters near Boston and since I am a big fan (I’ve found so many cool things there) and was unable to attend, I sent my sister Becca in my place. Now she is sharing with us her experience. Thanks Becca & TJMaxx!
Hello Black Eiffel Readers,
While at T.J.Maxx & Marshalls' headquarters, it was interesting to see how they get great deals on all of their merchandise. They are able to buy in-season things last minute directly from designers and since they can sidestep all the fancy-foot work they are then able to get items to the floor very quickly. I was impressed by their company culture, along with how they have buyers travel the world all year long (instead of only select seasons) to score great deals to bring to the customers.
Interesting Facts I learned:
* Of the designer and top brand name merchandise more than 85% of it is current-season.
* Each store receives 10,000 pieces of merchandise weekly!!
* 95% of their items are first quality and only 5% of items are unnoticeably irregular.
* TJMaxx and Marshalls receive different merchandise.
Also while I was there they asked me along with other bloggers to participate in a Secret Santa to see what great gifts we could find at our local TJMaxx when we got home to send to another person. Here is what I found all for under $50, which would have normally been double the price! A cozy super soft faux fur throw, a set of glass candles, Lindt's truffles, a white glass dish, and a little grater from Italy.
It is pretty cool that you can score deals like this at TJMaxx and Marshalls. It makes for a great money-saving place to stop by and shop during the holidays. Thanks for the experience to see up-close what goes on behind the scenes TJMaxx!
What about you readers? What cool things have you found at TJMaxx or Marshalls?
* The secret giveaway is to win a $100 TJMaxx or Marshall's Gift Card! Leave a comment with what you are more thankful for on this TJMaxx post or this post (yes you can enter twice on both posts if you would like) and the winner will be randomly selected on Monday November 29th and announced on twitter. Make sure I have a way to get in touch with you. Best of luck and Happy Thanksgiving!
** Winner announced on twitter and giveaway closed.