First off, be sure to enter the Get Clean Sweepstakes!
Over the weekend I worked on Spring Cleaning our bathroom with the brand new nice smelling French Lavender All-Purpose spray that Method sent over and here are a few of my tips when it comes to cleaning the bathroom.
1. Matching Towels: Discard any shabby towels and invest in matching ones. I prefer white ones because they feel like the spa or hotel at home and are super easy to clean. It also may be a good idea to have an unused set or two set tucked away for guests, so you will also always be prepared. (I'm kind of like Monica on Friends when it comes to this... ha)
2. Sort through your cosmetic and beauty products and make sure they are being used. Why have things that you've had in your bathroom closet for years if you don't use them or plan on using them? Save the space and discard that old eyeshadow color or shampoo you don't like. If you wear makeup, also make sure to clean your makeup brushes often.
3. Start being an educated consumer: This tip may not be for everyone but is a personal preference. A few years ago I sorted through all of our bathroom and cosmetic products and chucked everything above a 5 on the EWG Cosmetic Safety Database and I do my best to not purchase anything above that number. From what I've learned, what you put on your body gets so quickly absorbed into our systems and just like the food we consume, I want to make sure we are not putting unnecessary harmful toxins in our bodies.
p.s. If any of you have found a great 'aluminum-free' deodorant that works, hit up the comments -- I've tried 3 and I'm still searching.
4. Clean your bathroom once a week : When you keep on top of the weekly cleaning it really isn't that big of a deal to clean the bathroom. It is my least favorite chore so I often make it fun by turning on upbeat music and just going for it.
5. Have supplies handy: Make sure you have certain bathroom supplies stocked up and close by. The worst is running out of t.p. when it is most needed or eek... has this ever happened to you when you were at someone else's home? Have backup supplies accessible for guests as well.
What about you, what types of things do you do when cleaning the bathroom?
*This post is sponsored by Martha Stewart and Method, but these opinions and tips are how I really roll.
Photos by Rachel Jones – Black Eiffel.