Music Monday : Matt Corby



I hope you had a nice weekend! I'm excited about Music Monday today because I can't believe I have never heard of Australian singer/songwriter Matt Corby until this weekend. The first thirty seconds I heard him sing from this clip (shared below), I thought I was listening to Jeff Buckley, Bon Iver and Nick Drake's nephew. It gave me major shivers. His voice is absolutely incredible and wow, only twenty-one years old. Another young one like last week.


Give him a listen, I think I will be playing this video clip and others on repeat this week. His new EP comes out November 11th in Australia.



It is tricky to find his albums in the U.S. I believe he has one or two tracks on the U.S. iTunes, and you can find these imports on Amazon*, but if anyone has another source, let me know. You can download a free tune on his website.

(Top photo from Luna Magazine)

6 comments:

kitten roar said...

what a dreamboat!

Alex said...

Thank you! Love this!
always looking for new cool music!!

Alex
http://objectsroomsfood.blogspot.com/

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

gorgeous song. and his hair is like a shampoo commercial!

Sarah said...

He sounds exactly like Patrick Watson - you should check him out too if you enjoyed this.

Crazy to think he started out on Australian Idol! He has come so far. Love it!

Anonymous said...

listen to brother :)

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCEKUBTvlJk

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, thanks for reading!