Top 25 Christmas Books for 2011 part 2



A continuation of Christmas Books for our Advent countdown (Part 1 here). See all of the titles below:


9 The Twelve Days of Christmas - I picked up this vintage beauty last year, a beauty.
10 The Velveteen Rabbit - This version I found at a thrift store, but we used to read this around Christmas time and also listen to the Meryl Streep Narration, she reads it so beautifully.
11 Bear Noel - A winter story about animals in the woods awaiting Bear Noel.
12 Olive, the other Reindeer - Had to throw another comical one in here.
13 Silver Packages - A title we loved to read growing up, reflects upon kindness and love.
14 The Little Fir Tree - The old-fashioned charm of this one is delightful.
15 The Nutcracker - Love the Susan Jeffers illustrations of this version.
16 The Polar Express - Classic, we used to read this by flashlight around the train and tree.
17 A Christmas Story - The illustrations of this one are gorgeous, with lots of pretty gold!
18 Pashmina The Little Christmas Goat - This touching story is about how sacrifice can lead to great happiness, and I am drawn into the beautiful fresh watercolor art as well.
19 Federico and the Magi's Gift - A library pick, I enjoy the Latin tradition of the Wise Men delivering gifts post Christmas.



20 Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening - Incorporating poetry like Robert Frost into the mix seemed like a nice touch. Another pretty Susan Jeffers.
21 Over and Under The Snow - A ski trip through the woods, a more wintery choice.
22 The Gift of the Magi - Such a fan of this classic and there are many lovely versions.
23 The Christmas Magic - Gorgeous art, has a European feel.
24 The Third Gift - This new release (came out this year) explains what myrrh is through the eyes of a young boy. The illustrations of the book remind me so much of the Middle East.
25 Christmas Day in the Morning - written by Pearl S. Buck a lovely story about a father and son's love.

Many of these titles I got from the library, so I am sure our list will continue to evolve in the future. Have you ever tried an Advent Book countdown? So far it has been such a fun new tradition, our girls really adore and look forward to curling up for a nice read each evening.  Shout out your Christmas and winter favorites!

(*For titles 1-8 go here)

8 comments:

Multilevel marketing Software said...

I am very like this posting, waitng for next..pls keep continue new posts.

Jamie Herzlinger said...

Some of those I remember reading was a little kid, and I have read them to my daughters. Books make for great gifts because you can pass them down from generation to generation!

Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark! said...

I love Christmas books- some great ones on here that I read as a child! Must refresh my collection!

Jacquelyn said...

I love these christmas books lists! Thank you for sharing your picks!

marieclaire said...

you need to put The Snowman on there! its british.

elissa @ faucethead said...

great choices. another classic at my house growing up was 'The Mitten.' the illustrations are beautiful!

Cathy said...

such a lovely idea. I am going to start collecting books throughout the year and do this for my nieces next dec. A beautiful addition to your list might be The Quiltmaker's Gift

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

This is such a great idea, Rachel! Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, thanks for reading!