Installation Art by Leandro Erlich

Leandro Erlich's installation called Bâtiment now on display at Le 104 in Paris looks like so much fun. A gigantic mirror reflects a house which gives visitors the illusion that they can hang off ledges and if kids (or adults) want, they can even get their Spiderman crawl on. Buenos Aires based artist Leandro does brilliant work, I mentioned him in this post and think he is the ultimate artistic illusionist. Watch a little clip here to see how it is done. Amazing.

(via My Modern Met // Photo credit: Batiment - L. Erlich © Henriette Desjonquères & Paul Fargues.)

19 comments:

jeni said...

oh my goodness, so cool! this reminds me of the chalk art with all the depth perception, except that the mirror's probably shinier!

Anonymous said...

The thumbnail of this image is crazy. I couldn't work out what was going on. love it!

JASR said...

so nice! 'surreal' in real life =)

Amy @ Lovely Nest said...

this looks awesome! I'd love to try that out!

Bonnie McCarthy said...

This is so cool!! It took me a few minutes to figure out what I was seeing and how it was done! What a neat trick! Would be wonderful to see more playgrounds like this!

Alison Duffy said...

So cool!
Thanks for sharing xx

Erin said...

That's freakin awesome. Thanks so much for sharing!

Lisa said...

Very, very cool!

Hannah said...

This looks amazing. I'm going to Le 104 in a couple of weeks and can't wait!

Nuha said...

oh my god...i would LOVE to hang out and play here! so awesome!

terri said...

whimsical wonderful wow!

Eleni Psyllaki said...

Love real-life illusions! That installation rocks!

plastic cards said...

Insane. Looks like they're all doing that on a real building.

TelePak said...

What a fun installation!

Lexi said...

SO cool!
♡ Lexi
FASHION: Glitter & Pearls
WEDDINGS: Glitter Weddings

-n- said...

Great illusion! :)

Anonymous said...

great minds....

http://yepindeed.com/2012/01/22/giant-mirror-gives-anyone-superhero-powers/

love the blog!

Cheers,

@graylinsample
yepindeed.com

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

Neat!

Unknown said...

I love this! I'm always on the search for amazing and creative artwork like this to inspire me. I posted about this and linked to your page over at www.justaredletterday.com!

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, thanks for reading!