Artists of Note by guest: Melissa Esplin

I'm so excited to introduce you to some creative people I know. I feel like their work really speaks for itself, and hope you enjoy looking at their creativity and artistic genius.

davidhabben

Pictured Above: Sketchbook Illustration, Core Knowledge Illustration (ink/digital), Wall Street Journal Illustration (digital)

David Habben: a friend of mine from college, is always drawing something that's out of this universe: a colorful, textural environment I'd love to step into. You can follow his work from his blog, habbenink.blogspot.com. One of his sweet t-shirt designs is available for purchase at threadless.com.

caseyjexsmith

Pictured Above: Hidden Treasure, Gift For John

Casey Jex Smith's work is full of energy and movement, I love how he collages different spaces and mediums to make a fluid, narrative environment.

amandasmith



Pictured Above: Outnumbered by a Small Army (Ceramic with decal and Gold Lustre), Showered (Ceramic and Oil Paint)

Amanda Smith playfully combines ceramic and painting and creates such a gorgeous, tactile experience. I just love her muted color pallet.

3 comments:

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Thank you for introducing me to Casey Jex Smith's artwork! It's amazing! Right up my alley.

ATLAS said...

We can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise if we have waited in the darkness. thans for your all

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

Casey and I were in the same art dept., and I've really liked his work ever since. It's nice to see him on here. (Hi Casey! ...if you are reading this.)

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, thanks for reading!