Beautiful wreaths

Beautiful wreaths

I had high hopes to make a pretty wreath this year, I even bought the yarn supplies and a pom pom maker inspired by this post and photo below from last year. Unfortunately, I encountered some hiccups along the way (who knew making large yarn balls was so tricky and time consuming) and it did not turn out. Maybe I didn't have the right pom-pom maker. Good intentions still somewhat count, right?

Today, after seeing the above photo of the wreath created by Pickles over at Seesaw, I realized that aborting my pom pom idea was a-okay because I love the felted ball wreath even more. Here is to high hopes for next year, or don't you think that felted wreath would look cool all year long?

Have you had any holiday crafting disasters? Do share. Also on my list was to attempt to make pajamas, and stockings -- next year I going to have to start in October.

Beautiful wreaths

(image 1 from Pickles, image 2 from this post clipped from Marie Claire Idees)

13 comments:

Lauren said...

This post was perfect. That first wreath is so fun, so stunning, and I want it!

Vivi said...

Fun wreaths that I could see leaving up for all of winter. And I LOVE the incorporation of the deer head - he should be dressed up for the holidays too! :)

Anonymous said...

The big wreath that inspired you is amazing—now, that is a wreath to make me actually like wreaths. thanks.

Pixie said...

Ha! I am very familiar with "good intentions" lol...

captain kk said...

that top image is gorgeous! i too had grand ideas for making my own christmas wreath, but it looks like my front door will be a little lonesome this year. have a wonderful christmas tomorrow & thanks for the awesome year of creative inspiration on TDF :)

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I too love that top wreath!

Merry Christmas, Rachel!

connie said...

Love this! Happy holidays Rachel!

cashmere jumpers said...

Cute pics! Loving those wreaths!

Tiffany Kadani said...

I love wreaths. I believe there are wreath people and non wreath people. I like wreath people better.

RedRuth said...

Love this!! Happy Holidays


Ruth @ Matches

http://blog.matchesfashion.com/

Philip Kennedy said...

I love the mini bunting.

Rosie Boren said...

I just made a beautiful wreath with white pom poms and posted it on my blog... looks like snow... great minds think a like...

Jami - XOimagine said...

Maybe next year! New to your blog and I can't wait to read more. Following you now! Have a lovely weekend!

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, thanks for reading!