Fall Books

Now that we’ve dreamed about the best places to spend our time with a book this fall, there’s only one question left: what book to read? Here are a few of my favorites; four tried and true, one a new release that caught my attention.



OLDIES BUT GOODIES:

Walden by Henry David Thoreau: A classic volume by the famed poet that relates his experiences living apart from society for a year.

Poems by Emily Dickinson: Dickinson’s poetry, especially those about nature, paint gorgeous mental pictures that are both beautiful and thought-provoking.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows: A fictional story, written through letters, of a group of friends living in post-WWII England. And, of course, a little love is thrown in, too.

The Tenth Muse: My Life in Food
by Judith Jones: The renowned editor’s autobiography of a life spent in the industry of writing about (and indulging in) food.

NEW THIS FALL:

Grant Wood: A Life by R. Tripp Evans: A biography about the famous painter who created American Gothic and so much more.

Post by guest blogger: Meredith Church from Lily Jane

10 comments:

atif saleem said...

This is your most outstanding write up so far. Keep up the good work!
hotels manchester

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

I need to read Judith Jones book. Thanks for posting.

Mlle Paradis said...

meet too. judith jones! eating for a living - what a gig!

Anonymous said...

wonderful, need to check out the Poems, lovely! xoxo

Unknown said...

I'm in the midst of 5 AM: Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and the Dawn of the Modern Woman and it is AMAZING. I'm taking my time because I truly don't want it to ever end! xo

Unknown said...

I like books that teach me things usually..Like how to garden...How to make stain glass...Anything i can use. I read a some of those books in French and liked them too. Great blog!
Bonne Journee et a plus!
Frenchy

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I really enjoyed The guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It was fun reading all of the letters, made me want to start writing more letters.

Annette said...

Excellent book suggestions!

simone leblanc said...

I have been meaning to read Judith Jones too! Thanks for the reminder ;)

Anonymous said...

See that a lot of you fall books are poem oriented. Maybe try Orange Juice and Rooftops by Amy Leigh Culter. Spiritual. Plus she write an article now and again for the website.

Paul
www.PaulByronDowns.com

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, thanks for reading!