Speaking Digitally: Paper by FiftyThree


If you have an iPad, you've got to check out the Paper by Fifty Three App. Basically you can use your finger or stylus to jot notes in your own handwriting, draw, paint and more. My husband ordered a stylus pen that came in the mail the other day and we have been having a lot of fun playing around with it. It is super intuitive and I am impressed with what you can do with it, and it feels more natural than any other drawing app we've tried. It is a perfect app for a quick sketch or to convey an idea to someone. It is crazy to envision the future like say in ten years as the gap between real paper vs. digital paper shrinks. Around ten years ago I think that was about when I got my first digital camera -- yikes how far we have come and so fast. The app itself is free and then you pay for the tools you want to use, pretty smart.


Don't get me wrong, I will always be a paper book lover and a pen and real paper type of girl, and I believe there will always be a place for it, but this technology is incredible and just wanted to share it with you. See their video for an idea of how it works. Have you tried it out? What apps are blowing your mind lately?


Also three cheers for Instagram being on Android.


6 comments:

maryse said...

I love the idea of this but the number of colors is very limited.

Manding. said...

Wow, I want an iPad just for this. Too bad an iPhone screen may be a wee bit too tiny for this...

ps, http://amandamantes.blogspot.com !

Lauren Drugan said...

I just tried this out on my iPad over the weekend, and fell in love with it! The colors are limited but like you said, it's very natural and easy to use. It's a beautiful way to doodle, sketch, take notes, and generally make beautiful things out of the otherwise ordinary :)

Amy @ Lovely Nest said...

Thanks for sharing this! I was just looking for a good app like this the other day! I'll have to check this one out!

Anonymous said...

I think the one I like is called brushes (senior moment, daughter at school she's my memory bank!) anyway its the one that David Hockney used to make his amazing works in Yorkshire.
Jane

Yvette said...

My coworker just got this app and is in love. The only thing it needs to do is export to a PDF. Then it would be perfect!

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, thanks for reading!