7 Things


Seven things for week number 23...


1: I signed up for a month pass of hot yoga. It is definitely not for everyone but I am really enjoying it. It is kind of intense um, hello dripping sweat -- that grossed me out at first but now I'm used to it. They also come around and massage you which caught me a bit off guard, but it is super relaxing. (Yoga photo)

2. My husband got into the Executive MBA program he wanted, I am so happy for him! Our life is just about to get even more crazy and intense. Anyone had experience with this and have tips on work + life + school + family balance? (Book Wallpaper)

3. The girls had a really great day this week where everything clicked. No screaming, fighting, and complete sharing all day long. That doesn't happen that often. India even let V do her hair, after V dressed her to match her of course. The next day it was back to normal, ha ha.

4. Tried these new to me little dark chocolate hazelnut Baci treat, they have love fortunes in five different languages inside too.

5. Bonnie's breakfast series is absolutely lovely. Last year I came across this Date Shake by Heather Taylor which I loved and am revisiting the recipe again after seeing Bonnie's photos, I think it has been my breakfast almost everyday this week. It is refreshing and so good. (Photo Bonnie Tsang)

6. Finished The Power of Habit - which is an excellent read and got me thinking. I'll tell you what, listening to audio books has changed my life. I feel like I can actually finish them!!

7. If you like piano music, you may like this one I've been playing on repeat this week.

How was your week?

8 comments:

Alexandra said...

Love Baci! I don't know where they are originally from but my ex roommate from Bulgaria always had those in her cabinet (and didn't mind me taking some in exchange for Raffaelo or Rocher that I brought from Germany) . Yumm.

Anonymous said...

Great blog, and so many must-try! Happy weekend to you!

jen @jenbe.me said...

ah! i too signed up for a month of hot yoga last week... it.. is.. hot?? but i feel so refreshed & energized afterwards i love it!

Melissa Haws said...

I lol'd over #3. What a coincidence, I just ordered this piano Music off Amazon. I asked for it for Christmas, but Jake accidentally got the easy soundtrack book rather than the piano solo Score book. Hope I get it in time for my bday! Yay!

JMO said...

While you hubby is in school, make sure you find one night/day a week that is school-free. It's super important that he has time to hopefully stop thinking about school (this was very hard for my husband to do) and is dedicated to you and your family. It was the hardest two years of my life, mostly because he was always "away" either in his head or at school literally. So just make sure you have patience and find ways to ensure your lives don't become separate from each other. Good luck. It is worth it in the end!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I've been there -- I did my MBA and worked full time. It was tough to balance everything, but it was 2 years and then it was done. And I really enjoyed going back to school, so that made it worth it.

Kelly said...

My husband works full-time & is in law school at night & I'm home with my daughter. I'd suggest you make a plan for yourself as the supporting partner. Plan in a date night, some time for yourself kid free and some time with other adults. Lower your expectations for yourself & ask for as much support as you can! You have to account for not only his class time but ALOT of homework time. I also didn't account for how exhausted he would be in his time with us. You can do it but it is hard & a plan ahead of time will help!

betinahluna said...

The book "Power of Mindset" is what I should be reading now.

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, thanks for reading!