Music Monday : Top 10 Musical Discoveries of 2011

I hope you had a nice holiday break, we sure did and are working on getting back into the normal flow. Flashing back over the past year, I came up with a list of my top ten favorite music discoveries of 2011 and did my best to sum each selection up in a few words. What about you? Do you have a band, artist or song that stood out to you in 2011, do share. Next week for Music Monday I will share my top albums of the year!

1: Oh Land - Hip Danish futurist.
2: Metronomy - Cool British Electronica mixing it up since the late 90s.
3: Keren Ann - Multicultural French wow.
4: Matt Corby - Perhaps he is Jeff Buckley, Bon Iver and Nick Drake's nephew.
5: Youth Lagoon - Airy eerie nostalgia.





6: Toro Y Moi - Quirky.
7: Starsmith - Chill electronica.
8: Ben Howard - Acoustic melting road trip music.
9: Bombay Bicycle Club - Adorable boy next door band with a new release.
10: Young Galaxy - Interesting dance pop eclectic.



9 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like your music taste! I will definitely take the time to check out these bands :)

Carmen said...

Suuuper! Thanks to you now I have new music <3

Amber said...

You have such good taste! How do you find all this new music all the time?

Anonymous said...

seriously THANK YOU! I think you are my cooler, more hip musical twin. I love all of these.

Friday's Kid said...

Metronomy and Bombay Bicycle Club are two of my absolute favourites - great picks!

xx

Whitney said...

Love this post! Am always looking for good new music. I especially loved toro y moi! Just bought their album! Thx!

Leslie said...

i always love your music picks, as well. i stumbled across oh land earlier this fall and loved their sound instantly. cool videos, too. my favorite band that you introduced me to this year is the paper kites. :)

Viv said...

Love this! Thanks!

caught the light said...

I sometimes forget just how much I love catching up on your blog from my google reader. Then one Monday evening I scroll past Matt Corby and think, hmmm Rachel really knows what she's talking about.
He's pretty incredible, as are Metronomy & Kiwanuka. What great taste you have.

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, thanks for reading!