Big, Bold and Beautiful by guest: Melissa Esplin

BIG
Bio-bak

Explore a quirky, crazy world inside your computer screen at the Bio Bak website. This is the epitome of flash and illustration GENIUS. The screen starts out small, but the "hand" can drag to all parts of the screen and, if you find the tools for the toolbar [hint: the weasel eats them], you might be able to zoom out [above: zoomed out almost all the way].

BOLD
<br />Adhemas Batista

Adhemas Batista

Adhemas Batista, Brazilian Graphic designer most famously known for his colorful Haviana Flip Flop design, is my design hero. His illustrations are gorgeous, colorful and there's always some minor detail that you pick up on the second glance. Drool.

BEAUTIFUL
<br />Maria Filó

picture-5

Maria Filó (Brazilian fashion designer) is a recent find of mine. She updated her line and debuted a new website this month, and it's all Fall! At first I thought, "Isn't it a little early in the year for a Fall collection?" Then I remembered that Brazil is located in the southern hemisphere. It's likely the Southern Hemisphere Fashionistas are finishing up a long, hot summer and are looking forward to some Autumn layering. The old Spring collection was feminine Nautical ensembles. I miss the Sailor Girls. Happily, Maria's new site is just as fabulous, and it comes with background music from Fujiya Miyagi, Cocorosie, and Peter Bjorn & John. I'm coveting the 80's Rock 'n Roll triple-heart belt. My Portuguese-speaking husband says that the text on the model's left reads "Explosion Print Blouse...Gold Belt Detail...3 Heart Buckle...Mini-Skirt." Show-off.

For design, fashion and other random ideas, visit my blog, IS•LY, at www.melissaesplin.com. Thanks!

2 comments:

EvaForeva said...

I love that dress! It's so fresh yet timeless.
And I love your blog. I just found you today :)
Jenya

Anonymous said...

Thats a very nice dress. I have been inspired. Thanks.

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, thanks for reading!