Music Monday : Oh Land


The adorable Kelsey sent me over a gem of a band that I've never heard of before that is perfect for Music Monday today! Have you listened to Oh Land? The Danish singer Nanna Øland Fabricius is super creative and on her website it says she grew up in a incredibly stimulating envoirnment with an almost 'circus-like' upbringing with an opera singer for a mother and a theater organist for a father.

She is a trained ballet dancer and her performance style is 'a soundscape of dreams'. She is enchanting and has a unique and eclectic style that is refreshing, I want to hear more of her electropop music. She stated that her goals is "to sound like I'm from 2050, but still feel really classic, like the music is an old friend." Since I like her so much, today I am sharing two videos ....

First up her Fleet Foxes cover which is pretty great showcasing her pretty voice...



and then White Nights Live which shares more of the playful side of her spirit...





Oh Land- White Nights (Live) from Oh Land Music on Vimeo.

Her other clips are also amazing... see them here. I purchased her EP, you can get it from itunes here or Amazon here for $3.96. (purchases made from these links support B*E Music Mondays.)

(photos : Thomas-a & Elisabeth Heltoft for Soundvenue)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a cool cover of White Winter Hymnal! Love being introduced to gorgeous music, thank you! Going straight over to itunes now...!

Sarah @ Cubicle Sanity said...

Such a pretty voice. I really love Fleet Foxes so I enjoyed this. Thanks!

she planted a tree said...

probably my favorite ever! thanks.

Jamie said...

good pick!

one for you: ben weaver, whom i recently discovered

you can see a video here:

http://naturalsalvage.blogspot.com/2011/02/moving-soundtrack-ben-weaver.html

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, thanks for reading!