Music Monday : Porcelain Raft





I came across Porcelain Raft this morning and am currently listening to their album Strange Weekend, so far so good. Mauro Remiddi is the composer/writer/musician behind the sound who is from Rome but is currently living in New York City. I heard an interview where he mentioned this album is about layers of humming noises and power station sounds that he heard outside his window while growing up in Rome. That conceptual reference offers great insight into the brilliant sound. Here is a video of the song called "Unless You Speak From Your Heart" and the track Drifting in and Out is also nice. I hope you had a nice weekend and are enjoying your Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great song...I really dig the bands you feature on music mondays! also, check out my blog at www.spindleandcanisterblog.com for more on fashion music and more!

gothic victorian dresses said...

What a great song!And awesome video!

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, thanks for reading!