The Great Gift Challenge part three



Part three of the Great Gift Challenge is for the $150 price point. (If you are just tuning in, read this previous post.) My sister-in-law has been on the hunt for some lovely leather boots and I feel like this is a very good price point for that. There are oodles of boots to choose from on eBay at great prices. I narrowed it down to a few vintage and pre-loved pairs, but some went well over $150 and a another pair slipped away, drat! I also got to thinking that I don't know the extent of how much others like to wear previously owned boots or shoes? I don't mind myself, but as a gift? What do you think -- thoughts?

I decided to look for other options and I found three lovely items, surprisingly all coming in under $150. First up are the Kenneth Cole studded flats that full retail cost $185 and I scored them for $59, I love how they are rock-n-roll chic. The second item is the gorgeous fashion photography book of Tim Walker's 'Pictures' which retails for $125 but on eBay can be found for $79.50 and lastly the Essie Nail Polish Winter 09 gift set for $9.99 which retails for $17.00. The grand total for these three items was : $148.49 -- (not including shipping) which would normally cost $327 for full retail. Hot diggity ... that is over $175 worth of savings -- eBay you rock.

Read more about the details of the Great Gift Challenge here, and also see my previous finds: part one ($25) and part two ($75). Also remember to enter to win the $1000 eBay gift card giveaway here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, thanks for reading!